Since 1996, the Department of Foreign Affairs of Quang Tri province (at that time the Department of Foreign Affairs) was assigned by the Provincial People's Committee the task of acting as the focal point and coordinating with the Provincial Military Command and related agencies to coordinate activities. international humanitarian mines in the province. Since then, many NGOs have been cooperating with the province in implementing humanitarian mine action activities, including: Project RENEW, Norwegian People's Aid (NPA); Mine Advisor Group (MAG); Danish Demining Group (DDG); Solidarity International (SODI) ; APOPO; Peace Trees Vietnam (PTVN); Clear Path International (CPI); Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Provincial Red Cross…
In fact, each organization operates according to its own standards and lacks coordination, often overlapping in mine action activities.
In 2013, the Department of Foreign Affairs of Quang Tri province and the Norwegian People's Aid Fund cooperated to implement the project Database Unit for Remedial Operations in Quang Tri (DBU) established with the function of: mainly as a focal point to receive and provide information to partners and propose tasks. It can be seen that the DBU is a support tool for coordination.
The success of DBU after 2 years of operation has paved the way for the project "Establishment of the Quang Tri Province War Remedial Coordination Center" (LWCC). In terms of operations, DBU is integrated into LWCC and becomes a technical division under LWCC. After 3 years of operation, LWCC has perfected the coordination mechanism between organizations and partners in post-war mine recovery activities, contributing to enhancing the effectiveness of site clearance, supporting the development of landmines and mines. socio-economic development.
Quang Tri Province Mine Action Center (QTMAC) is the advisory body to assist the Steering Committee for Recovering the consequences of landmines and mines after the war in terms of programs, policies and plans for long-term and medium-term mine remediation. short-term and short- term and effectively implement activities to overcome the consequences of landmines and mines after the war in the province. QTMAC is the model of the first Mine Action Center at the local level in Vietnam.
Quang Tri Mine Action Center (QTMAC) includes
- HC & HR Officer/Interpreter
- Finance Officer
- Logistics and Operations Support Officer
- Driver/Admin Assistant
- DBU Deputy Manager
- Database Processing Officer
- Senior GIS Officer
- Data Quality Management and Tasking Officer
- QC and Liaison Officer*
(*) Military Officer
- Operations Manager*
- Operations Officer
- RE, VA & PR Officer
- 1 x Senior QM Officer*
- 2 x QM Officer
- 2 x QM Officer*
(*) Military Officers
- Deputy Director
The DBU project has gathered and collated data from the above data sources and integrated into a centralized database.
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies in, researching and proposing policies, setting goals, and developing long-term, medium-term and short-term plans to overcome the consequences of bombs and mines; coordinate with ministries, branches and localities to implement approved plans; manage, monitor and summarize the implementation of the plan and report to the Prime Minister.
- To be responsible for organizing and implementing the quality monitoring and evaluation, and to evaluate the results of the 504 Program implementation and report to the Prime Minister; organize and coordinate the implementation of projects and tasks of bomb and mine clearance; support bomb and mine victims; propaganda on prevention of bomb and mine accidents and other tasks under Program 504; coordinate and guide social organizations operating in the field of overcoming the consequences of bombs and mines after the war.
Accordingly, this Process stipulates the organization of the quality management system and the implementation of quality management in the investigation, survey, and post-war mine clearance, including:
- Appraisal and recognition of organizational capacity, construction techniques, standards, processes selected for application and construction conditions;
- Quality superviewer;
- Handling errors;
- Inspection and acceptance;
- Managing the quality of activities in investigation, survey and demining;
- Additional training;
- Information quality management;
- Evaluation and improvement.
The United Nations Development Program collaborated with the Vietnam National Mine Action Center to develop training programs that connect and integrate best practices from technical assistance projects in other countries.