Since 1996, the Department of Foreign Affairs of Quang Tri province (at that time the Department of Foreign Affairs) was assigned by the Provincial People's Committee the task of acting as the focal point and coordinating with the Provincial Military Command and related agencies to coordinate activities. international humanitarian mines in the province. Since then, many NGOs have been cooperating with the province in implementing humanitarian mine action activities, including: Project RENEW, Norwegian People's Aid (NPA); Mine Advisor Group (MAG); Danish Demining Group (DDG); Solidarity International (SODI); APOPO; Peace Trees Vietnam (PTVN); Clear Path International (CPI); Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Provincial Red Cross…
In fact, each organization operates according to its own standards and lacks coordination, often overlapping in mine action activities.
In 2012, the Department of Foreign Affairs of Quang Tri province and the Norwegian People's Aid Fund cooperated to implement the project Database Unit for Remedial Operations in Quang Tri (DBU) established with the function of: mainly as a focal point to receive and provide information to partners and propose tasks. It can be seen that the DBU is a support tool for coordination.
The success of DBU after 2 years of operation has paved the way for the project "Establishment of the Quang Tri Province War Remedial Coordination Center" (LWCC). In terms of operations, DBU is integrated into LWCC and becomes a technical division under LWCC. After 3 years of operation, LWCC has perfected the coordination mechanism between organizations and partners in post-war mine recovery activities, contributing to enhancing the effectiveness of site clearance, supporting the development of landmines and mines. socio-economic development.
In 2018, NPA partnered with Quang Tri DoFA to implement a capacity development project to support LWCC's upgrade to become Quang Tri Provincial Mine Action Center in order to more enhance efffectivness of mine action in Quang Tri and to timely response to the needs of all stakeholders in implementation the Provincial Mine Action Programme promulgated by the Provincial Mine Action Steering Committee (PMASC). It is the first Mine Action Center model at provincial level in Vietnam.
The existence and develpment of QTMAC has been one of the key factors to achieve the goal of a "safe province" by 2025.
Quang Tri Province Mine Action Center (QTMAC) is the advisory body to assist the Steering Committee for Recovering the consequences of landmines and mines after the war in terms of programs, policies and plans for long-term and medium-term mine remediation. short-term and short- term and effectively implement activities to overcome the consequences of landmines and mines after the war in the province. QTMAC is the model of the first Mine Action Center at the local level in Vietnam.
Quang Tri Mine Action Center (QTMAC) includes
- HC & HR Officer/Interpreter
- Finance Officer
- Logistics and Operations Support Officer
- Driver/Admin Assistant
- DBU Deputy Manager
- Database Processing Officer
- Senior GIS Officer
- Data Quality Management and Tasking Officer
- QC and Liaison Officer*
(*) Military Officer
- Operations Manager*
- Operations Officer
- RE, VA & PR Officer
- 1 x Senior QM Officer*
- 2 x QM Officer
- 2 x QM Officer*
(*) Military Officers
- Deputy Director
Managing The Provincial Information Management System for Mine Action of Quang Tri; effectively implementing mine action management including planning, quality management, prioritization, and coordination of post-war mine action activities in Quang Tri province.
- Implement, cooperate with relevant departments to develop policies, set targets, and make long-term, short-term, and medium-term mine action plans; cooperate with departments, organizations, and localities to implement the approved plan; manage, monitor, and report to the standing committee of PMASC.
- Conduct regular monthly coordination meetings with relevant stakeholders. Implement coordination role through integration mine action projects into the socio-economic development plan.
- prioritize CHAs in line with guidelines and prioritization regulations of the province, task high-prioritized CHAs to operators for clearance.
- Receive and respond to hotline calls, and timely task EOD teams.
- To be responsible for managing, operating, and developing the provincial mine action database including building and updating procedures and reporting forms for collecting mine action data applied throughout the province; to collect, process, update, store and integrate MA data sources in Quang Tri province; ensure all data reports are checked, approved, stored in an accurate, secure and safe way. managing, operating, and developing the provincial mine action database.
- To guide and supervise the operators in reporting mine action data in accordance with IMSMA standard forms as the basis for consolidating the database and reporting to a national database at the Vietnam National Mine Action Center (VNMAC).
- To ensure conditions for reporting and storing mine action data; support, provide software tools, technical support, and capacity building and training on information management for IM staff of organizations to collect, check, and report to QTMAC in a timely and accurate manner.
Implementing of quality management in the investigation, survey, and post-war mine clearance, including:
- Appraisal and recognition of organizational capacity, construction techniques, standards, processes selected for application and construction conditions;
- Quality superviewer;
- Handling errors;
- Inspection and acceptance;
- Managing the quality of activities in investigation, survey and demining;
- Additional training;
- Information quality management;
- Evaluation and improvement.
Conduct training courses on information management and quality management in mine action sector.